TERMS & CONDITIONS
These T&C’s refer to our service (filming & editing) of Perfect Video Company.
1. The client(s) allows the videographer to display any video, sound or image covered by this contract for promotional and demonstration purposes, including advertising, websites, social media, printed media, etc.
- All original recordings, photographs and edited computer files will remain the property of the videographer. Perfect Video will not be solely responsible for the storage and maintenance of the original and edited media, including video and sound recordings, photographic, and digital files.
- Original raw footage (non-edited material) is the sole ownership of the videographer and is not intended for client viewing and is not part of the supplied finished package. Original material might be offered to the customer if the videographer is unable to produce the edited program. All material will be kept for at least 60 days from the date of the event.
- The property and any copyright or other intellectual property right in all material produced by Perfect Video in performance of the goods/services belong to Perfect Video, but the client shall be entitled to use the material supplied under this contract solely for personal use, subject to payment in full of all sums payable under this contract.
- The use of non-copyright-free music within the client’s video shall only be used for private viewings. The Phonographic Performance License used in the supplied videos are not permissible for public performances.
4. COVERAGE & REPRODUCTIONS
- Video taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the videographer, although every effort will be made to comply with the client’s requirements.
- For a booking involving a Church Ceremony or certain venues, the videographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the Videographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the videographer’s choice and he cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- It is the sole responsibility of the client to secure permission of the venue to set up video equipment and record with or without flash.
- Although Perfect Video will endeavour to fulfill the requirements of the agreed package, sometimes this may not be possible due to reasons explained within these Terms and Conditions.
5. ON THE EVENT DAY
- The videographer is the only authorized and official videographer for your event day.
- The videographer will abide by all rules of the facility and/or directions of the staff/facility coordinator with regard to video set-up and will not be held responsible for absence of certain shots due to such rules and/or directions, or due to interference by event guests or vendors, including the photographer.
- The client acknowledges that videography requires reasonable lighting and controllable audio environments, and that production may be compromised if either of these cannot be achieved.
6. EDITING & POST PRODUCTIONS
- Whilst every effort will be made by the videographer to supply the client with a satisfactory product based upon the videographer’s advertised style, and to the specified requirements agreed beforehand, all editing and post production will be carried out to the videographer’s discretion.
7. FORCE MAJEURE (BEYOND THE VIDEOGRAPHER’S CONTROL)
- In the event of the videographer being unable to attend the filming date due to illness, injury, etc. he/she will endeavour to provide or recommend the client with a suitable replacement videographer / editor.
- The videographer shall not be liable in the event of bad weather or unforeseen circumstances, including illness, from preventing him/her from completing the work.
- In the event of equipment failure beyond the videographer’s control, including theft of equipment or material, the videographer is not liable for refund or compensation, but will try to appease the client using any available recorded material. In the unlikely event of a total video failure, liability shall be limited to a refund of money paid other than the deposits.
- The videographer reserves the right to cease filming or editing if situations arise that are unfit to continue, eg. grounds of safety, mistreatment, offensive or abusive behaviour, or unacceptable working condition. In these instances, the videographer is not liability for refund or compensation.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless cancellation is done by the videographer. If cancellation is done by the client, any money paid other than deposits shall be returned. However, if the client cancels within one month prior to the event, the videographer is entitled to invoice the client for loss of earnings unless a suitable solution is agreed.
9. LIABILITY & REFUND
- The client’s payments covers/pays for labour and presentation media in the production of the agreed video. Every effort is taken by the videographer to provide the client with agreed product, and dissatisfaction of its contents, although regrettable, will be deemed subjective and is therefore not open for interpretation by the client as grounds for refunds or compensation, for which the videographer is not liable. In no event will Perfect Video, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this terms under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: any special, incidental or consequential damages; the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data, specially equipment and media storage failure. Perfect Video shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control.
10. ACCIDENT & DAMAGE
- The Videographer cannot be held responsible for any personal injury/accident or damage during a video shoot. The client is due to use their own insurance. There are many event insurance policies available.
- A non-refundable booking fee/deposit of $500 will confirm your booking. That booking fee/deposit will be deducted from the cost of the total package. Payment of the remaining balance must be paid in full as agreed with this contract either before the editing commences date of the event or before collection of the finished product. The finished product (video) cannot be delivered until the remaining balance is paid in full.